Time Is Another Name Of Love

Love is about memories and rememberence. Love is also about knowing Saba - the 'suchness of things'. Time is the medium where Saba is recorded. Yet, at the same time, Saba is the 'imprint of time' on things and beings. When one truly gets over the fear of time, then he/she can say that "I am in Love" or "I am alive". Love is the true unconditional existence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India

I believe in Love

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Happiness is...

Here is a nice quote I read on the first day of 2006 which made me very happy about everything.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of travelling."

A few days ago I saw Ozu's "Early Summer". What a spiritual film! No wonder Tarkovsky admires Ozu so much. It was astonishing to see how he managed to make space and beings/objects into one whole. That is unique to Ozu. I think that was achieved both through the lensing and the elevation of the camera. He is not just keeping a low-angle shot!!

And I was also somehow thinking of music... Why man invented music? I believe it was to overcome the tyranny of time. Music allowed man to conquer time, rather music allowed man to travel parallel with time... and cinema allowed man to conquer space and time.. and who said space and time are one entity?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'getting over the fear of time'
is important. Its true that you state "I am alive" after u overcame it..true!

Did man invent music? Isnt it a fact that just co-existed from the beginning of universe? I think man rather discovered it!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Sunny Joseph said...

Abhija, u are right... man only discovered music... in fact s/he can always only discover things.. all that to become already exist.. cheers and love, Sunny

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home