Time Is Another Name Of Love

Love is about memories and rememberence. Love is also about knowing Saba - the 'suchness of things'. Time is the medium where Saba is recorded. Yet, at the same time, Saba is the 'imprint of time' on things and beings. When one truly gets over the fear of time, then he/she can say that "I am in Love" or "I am alive". Love is the true unconditional existence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India

I believe in Love

Friday, November 18, 2005

Waves and Trains 2

Before I go into the confession story, let me share some random thoughts on film editing, triggered by 'The Conversations'. At one level film editing is all about guiding the audiences attention on the screen... Guiding the 'anchor point' of their looks etc. And sometimes I think that, the ordering of image is also part of the creation of image. Well, I am not rationalizing my jump from editing to cinematography, :-) but merrily cherishing the interconnectedness of cinematography and editing.

I also wondered about the Lumiere's train during my journey. Thinking about how strong the impact must have been when the first audience were jumping out of the window, or crouching under the chairs in 1895, witnessing the 'arrival of train'. Is it possible to create such wonderous feelings in cinema today? I must confess that when I saw people flying in the sword fights in "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" or in the lake scene in "Hero" it was a child like wonderful experience. Well you also feel such wonder, when playing the internet game 'Second Life'.

To a certain extent the knowledge about any thing takes away the wonder from it. Actually, every youngster today think that he/she is a film maker. Of 5ooo odd registrations in IFFK, about 3500 claim that they are film makers!! So today we have to actually cater to a new kind of 'film-maker viewer'. Talking about knowledge brings me to a question... How do we know? - or is it "How do we know?" or is it "How do we know?" or is it "How do we know?" Narayana Guru says that when one becomes the knowledge itself, transcending the duality of knower vs knowledge, that is the ultimate experience of non-dual/oneness.

Sometimes, correctly presented truth will also be percived as a falsehood, like what happened with my glass breaking adventure. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home