Time Is Another Name Of Love

Love is about memories and rememberence. Love is also about knowing Saba - the 'suchness of things'. Time is the medium where Saba is recorded. Yet, at the same time, Saba is the 'imprint of time' on things and beings. When one truly gets over the fear of time, then he/she can say that "I am in Love" or "I am alive". Love is the true unconditional existence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India

I believe in Love

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Waves and Trains

Last monday I was in Kannur [north Kerala] scouting locations for a short film which I will be shooting in the first week of December. Our main location is an old fort by the sea-side. There was some rennovation work going on and it was interesting to note the marks of passage of time imprinted on that area. On the seaside edge, I was looking over to the sea and into the waves for a long time. But, it is so strange that I never thought about the 'tsunami' when I was near the sea.

On the way back to Trivandrum in the train I was reading 'The Coversations' - conversations of such depth and magnitude on the art of film editing with Walter Murch. [I always secretly imagined that I am a better editor than a cinematographer :-)]. I recently met Bhanumurthy sir at the LV Prasad Academy. And he alone is the man responsible for me becoming a cinematographer. May be, now I must put it in writing why I selected cinematography for specialization after doing three weeks of specialization in editing [which was my original choice]. Well, one day I was sitting under the wisdom tree and suddenly Bhanumurthy sir comes near me and offers a seat in cinematography!! That was so strange because it was never done. I was really reluctant to change, because somehow, this was a compomise on my orginal plan to do editing and then do the post diploma in direction. But, Bhanumurthy sir was so convinced about my future and so he was also able to convince me about it.

If I remember correctly, one day I just stopped going to editing class, and cut, I was in the cinematography class. It was rather a jump cut. I still wonder about how Rao sir thought about my 'betrayal'!! Actually it took some time for me to reconcile with myself. During that period of angst I even became very violent!! To the extant that one day I got very drunk and in the middle of the night went to cinematography department and pulled down all the notice boards and broken the glass panes. I was crushing those glass panes with my feet. And nobody saw me doing this. I still have a scar on my right foot... Next day...

Before that, talking of trains, today for the first time I reserved a train ticket via internet and got it confirmed. So far so good!!

Anyway what happened next day at the institue after the night of my adventure was unlikely!! That is the story of a confession which ends up in an anticlimax :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home