Time Is Another Name Of Love

Love is about memories and rememberence. Love is also about knowing Saba - the 'suchness of things'. Time is the medium where Saba is recorded. Yet, at the same time, Saba is the 'imprint of time' on things and beings. When one truly gets over the fear of time, then he/she can say that "I am in Love" or "I am alive". Love is the true unconditional existence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India

I believe in Love

Friday, November 18, 2005

Truth as Falsehood

The day after my violence, I came down from the hostel to canteen by around 11am. By then I was feeling guilty of what I have done. I think the department had no clue about why or who did such a thing. Hanging around canteen, I gathered that VK Murthy [then director] and John Shankaramangalam [then Dean] were on a fact finding mission and already questioned many others whom they thought must have done this 'criminal' act. I remember vaguely that one of the students questioned was my dear friend Sudhanshu Mishra. {Susu are you listening from out there? Thinking of Sudhansu also brings in the memories of Uma... How is life out there?}

By, lunch time I became more remorseful and wanted to go in to the directors office and confess that I have done the wrong doing. Finally I gathered the courage and went to the director and dean and confessed to them that I am the real culprit. Surely, they did not beleive it!! I still don't understand why they thought I am telling a lie!! They told me to report to them later. So finally what happened was amazing! They really thought that I was deleberately owning it up to save someone else!! Due to their own convictions about me, to accept that 'Sunny' did the 'wrong doing' was also impossible for them. Finally they have written off the case, and let me go free!! if only they have seen me at nights at the partys in the hostel... :-)

So what is knowledge? What is truth? Isn't it Godard who said that "Cinema is truth 24 times per second" ?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sir, these insights are so you, i feel the thousands of miles slipping away and can almost hear you speak.....cut to film appreciation 2004.please continue posting these...they r invaluable to a lost soul like me....

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home