Time Is Another Name Of Love

Love is about memories and rememberence. Love is also about knowing Saba - the 'suchness of things'. Time is the medium where Saba is recorded. Yet, at the same time, Saba is the 'imprint of time' on things and beings. When one truly gets over the fear of time, then he/she can say that "I am in Love" or "I am alive". Love is the true unconditional existence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India

I believe in Love

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Zeitgeist-Addendum

Zeitgeist and Zeitgeist Addendum are two thought provoking films - directed by Peter Joseph. Both available from net... free to download. I have not seen the first part the Zeitgeist. But yesterday watched the second part - Zeitgeist-Addendum. It surely is a thought provoking film. Looking into the US monetary system and beyond it argues about a revolution in consciousness, the opening argument is from the dynamic image/voice of none other than J Krisnamurthy. In the US this film is condemned as a shameless communist propaganda. But I doubt whether Communists will ever support this film. Yes it is a must watch film. Must be willing to go through 2 hours of it though. It is up to everyone to decide on the arguments put forward in the film.

 The film is interesting because it really is addressing a very important next step in human civilization. It is arguing for a society, which is money less and not oriented to profit making. It is surprising that such an argument has to come from USA. And is there anything new in the form? Well I doubt. A film like Hitler - Our Hitler, Hearts and Minds etc comes to my mind. And what was the title of the film, where we see Che's dead face for about 5 minutes in the end? How can I forget the name? Yes, Hour of the Furnaces.

I was very thrilled to see it because MONEY is also a subject, which I am pursuing for a documentary. Ever since I have read Marx's words - "Money is the alienated human ability." I wanted to make a film on money. When I talked about this to Zanussi, he said that bible has said it before Marx i.e., - "Desire for money is the root cause of all evil." Later when I read Ikkyu [1394-1481] the most venerated master in Japan, I was astonished to see the essence of Marxian philosophy in a poem of a spiritual master - "Root cause of all illness of this nation is in the accumulated wealth of the few."

Is Materialism and Spirituality truly opposites?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home