Time Is Another Name Of Love

Love is about memories and rememberence. Love is also about knowing Saba - the 'suchness of things'. Time is the medium where Saba is recorded. Yet, at the same time, Saba is the 'imprint of time' on things and beings. When one truly gets over the fear of time, then he/she can say that "I am in Love" or "I am alive". Love is the true unconditional existence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India

I believe in Love

Saturday, January 05, 2008

What is another name of Death?

Friends,

About a month ago I lost a younger sister of mine, Lissy, after a two year struggle with cancer. This was an immediate instance of death visiting us siblings of nine, within a time span of 50 years. When Lissy was critically ill, I was shooting a Hindi film in Himachalpradesh and she did ask me to visit her immediately, before five days of her death. I was wanting to meet her, but my professional duties made me continue for another three days finishing some critical shoot, and by the time I reached home, Lissy was no more in this life. What frightened me at the funeral was that even after I couldn't honor my promise of meeting her, I still couldn't feel sad about her demise. I was not feeling anything and I was getting nervous about my inner feelings!! What all I could remember was her following me on my fingertips everywhere when we were children and she asking me a lot of questions and I had to answer her in detail... And behind her funeral procession i followed her, holding her coffin asking silently many questions on life. There were no answers.

Who will answer us? As I write this note, few teardrops have rolled down my cheek... what is another name of death?

warm regards, Sunny

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Another name for death is life! Because you have to live to know death.
We see so many death in one's life. in your home, family, in the neighbourhoods various places and yet today you are searching another name for death.
You can understand, feel but can't experience it. Any other thing, YES.
Therefore, DEATH is a Dream Enjoyed After Time Halts.
I can feel your feelings May heavens take care of her and faries roam around with her, she holding their finger tips as she did yours, once, in another time, another world.

6:39 PM  
Blogger moonlitlake said...

Another name of death is justice.
Justice that's not immediately digested.
But eventually dawn to you.
There is nothing out there.
No heaven,no fairies and no another life as you.
you had your time together.
you have her in your heart.
you go on
you must go on.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home